Irruther Unternuption

Hey all. The "fine purveyor of this communication system" here. No really - it's me. Over here. No, your other "here."

I'm not sure if you know it but I write all the articles for eight other blogs I started and writing in this one has actually made me want to try more fiction stuff. I have a page that lists my last twenty or so posts across all of them so that you can see what the latest is, called Ted's News Stand. Take a look if you like - blogs are (sorta, kinda) sorted by subject matter - some deal more with AI and EVs and such, some are centred around 3D printing, recycling, etc, one's a recipe blog with general food articles too, and so forth.

This blog came out of a chance message that I read several months back and gave me this instant flood of ideas for a short-form continuous story, so I started it. It's beginning to take on a life of its own, and I can assure you I have no idea what those Zorgans are going to get up to next, I'm generally flat out with a lot of other stuff, and currently we have a health crisis so when those guys pop their heads up I just scribble down a note and work it into a post when I can.

I've got a few slightly longer stories, generally same kind of off-the-wall stupid humour and slightly (who am I kidding? very) fantasy/scifi themes, wondering if I should do it. This could be fun because it's much the same - having never taken a Writing course with Notebooks and all the tools of the trade, I'm kind of flying by bat squeaks with my writing. But I enjoy it and I wonder if you mightn't enjoy a bit of light-hearted reading too. 

The graphic below has links to the News Stand, donations (ahem) links, and several hyperlinks under it, one of which will message my Mastodon account. I'd love to hear your opinion, whether I should put my bits of fiction online. Also of course there's a Comments section to this blog, or if you got here from an announcement I posted on social media then you know who to contact on the relevant SM.

One other thing - this blog and the rest of my stable of blogs have some monthly costs associated with them. The bloody Zorganites, bless their chrysosporadicon-hard hearts, offered to buy me a bottle of *ack* Bacardi as recompense but they never even delivered on that promise, let alone any currency. Donate and help support!

Comments

Popular Posts